Master Your Instrument
Learning to play an instrument is not easy, and learning to play it well as a beginning, developing, or advanced player can be a slow and difficult process. A private teacher makes a tremendous difference in how quickly you navigate your instrument. Learning and playing in a one-on-one environment helps you develop good habits and techniques that will help you be a better musician and a master of your instrument.
Path to Musicianship
Every student’s lesson is customized. We use selected repertoire for the foundation of instruction in all elements of music, including history, theory, interpretation, and technique. Scales and études are approached musically, and serve to underscore mastery of the repertoire. Duets are standard in every lesson; they are always fun to play and working with a 2nd voice helps to direct the focus on intonation, blend, and balance. Students are benefitted by learning from a professional musician and teaching specialist who models good practices, provides consistent feedback and encouragement, shares advanced techniques, and mentors their personal development as a musician.
Why Take Private Lessons?
- Develop correct hand position, embouchure and breathing techniques, as well as phrasing and interpretation guidance
- Ear training and theory are repertoire-based & are in every lesson
- Learn advanced techniques to help make difficult passages- easier
- Access to more performing opportunities in recitals, competitions, and festivals
- Volunteer to play for hospital patients in our Music Outreach Program
- Explore and play many different music styles: Classical, Baroque, Romantic, Renaissance, Jazz, Contemporary, Latin, and Popular
- Perform in Recitals and Community Outreach Programs (+/- 6 concerts throughout the year)
In addition to teaching a Conservatory-based curriculum, Chica Fluta Studio offers the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program, teaching high standards through a comprehensive music curriculum.
The Royal Conservatory Music Development Program provides a recognized national standard of musical success through an effectively sequenced course of study from beginner to advanced levels.
The Program inspires excellence through individual student assessments and allows students to celebrate accomplishment and track their progress with others across the country. It also supports teachers with high-quality and innovative resources.
Join Chica Fluta Studio
Call 317-777-0953 or sign up at chicaflutastudio.com